Mikrotik Walled Garden

Having the correct Walled Garden hosts on your Mikrotik Hotspot is essential for the proper functioning of Powerlynx.

It is crucial to maintain the following Walled Garden hosts:

Your Powerlynx URL, e.g., one.powerlynx.app

Another one is *.digitaloceanspaces.com. This Walled Garden record allows connections to DigitalOcean to load logos for splash pages.

While these two previous Walled Garden hosts are required, you might need to add additional hosts here in case you are using one of the available payment systems.

For example, if you are using the PayPal payment system in Powerlynx, you need to add another Walled Garden record with this host - *paypal*. If you use Payfast, then add this record - *payfast*.

So, if you use the PayPal payment gateway in Powerlynx, your list of Walled Garden rules should look like this:

/ip hotspot walled-garden
add dst-host=*.digitaloceanspaces.com
add dst-host=*paypal*
add dst-host=*betacdn.net
add dst-host=myurl.powerlynx.app
add dst-host=*.akamaiedge.net
2 Likes

If you use the Stripe payment gateway in Powerlynx, your list of Walled Garden rules should look like this:

add dst-host=*.cloudfront.net
add dst-host=*.fastly.net
add dst-host=*.fontawesome.com*
add dst-host=*arcot.com*
add dst-host=*stripe*
add dst-host=*gstatic*
add dst-host=*.powerlynx.app
add dst-host=hcaptcha.com
add dst-host=*.akamaiedge.net
add dst-host=*secure*
add dst-host=*.google.com

Thank you for the instruction @mike

2 Likes

Payfast walled garden hosts
It is crucial to enable connections to various banks in South Africa, as Payfast redirects customers to the 3D authentication page during the payment process.

add dst-host=*payfast*
add dst-host=*.fnb.co.za
add dst-host=.api.ravepay.co
add dst-host=*.bankserv.co.za
add dst-host=*.cardinalcommerce.com
add dst-host=*.capitecbank.co.za
add dst-host=*oppwa.com
add dst-host=*.absa.co.za
add dst-host=*.africanbank.co.za
add dst-host=*.bidvestbank.co.za
add dst-host=*.fnb.co.za
add dst-host=*.investec.com
add dst-host=*.nedbank.co.za
add dst-host=*.sasfin.co.za
add dst-host=*.standardbank.co.za
add dst-host=*.ubank.co.za
add dst-host=dsecureprd.fnb.co.za
add dst-host=acs.nedsecure.co.za
add dst-host=*ctpe.net
add dst-host=*ppipe.net
add dst-host=secure.stitch.money
add dst-host=ol.css
add dst-host=ipapi.co
add dst-host=3dsecureprd.fnb.co.za
2 Likes

Using Safaricom Mpesa
Which are the walled garden to allow and how

Hi,
For Safaricom Mpesa you need only 2 walled garden hosts:

I see that our logo is not displayed on our Payfast Payment gateway. Is there perhaps another line that must be entered into the walled garden to have this displayed?

Do you mean that you do not see the logo when you are redirected to Payfast to make a payment? On their page? If that’s the case, it seems that we need to detect the host where they store logos and other files.

In our situation, we store splash page logos in the Digital Ocean S3 service, and we need to allow this host *.digitaloceanspaces.com. I assume they have something similar.

Hi Mike

Yes, we are not able to see the logo when directed to Payfast to make a payment.

On this topic, from the Payfast Gateway, when wanting to make a payment via Samsung Pay and Scapscan (Continue Payment in App) do not work either.

Something to note is that the client needs to fill in the Credit Card details completely, every time they want to make a payment via “Credit & Cheque card”. Normally when I, for instance, make an online payment on a website, the Google Pay would automatically do an autofill. Is it possible to have the autofill also part of the walled garden?

There is a feature in Powerlynx called “Trial sessions” which we developed for cases where we can’t detect some Walled Garden hosts but still need the client to make a payment.

When a customer selects the “Pay with Payfast” button, Powerlynx creates a trial session on a router for the client and the client is authorized on a server. This allows them to access the internet for a specific period of time in order to make a payment. There is no need to configure Walled Garden hosts when using this feature, as it is automatically skipped. The customer will not be informed that they have free internet access for a certain period of time, as we do not want to provide this information :laughing:

After making a payment, the trial session will be replaced with a normal session based on the data plan settings. A CoA packet will be sent to the router to adjust the speed as well.

In my example (from the screenshot above), I allow my customers to have a trial session of 60 minutes to make a payment (although I believe 5-10 minutes will be sufficient). The speed will be 2mbps/1mbps, and after the session times out, customers will not be able to access this option again for the next 60 minutes (due to the blocking threshold setting).